Organically-grown chilli peppers in the heart of beautiful Hampshire, UK
5 years of growing organic chilli peppers and creating amazing food from our rural garden in Hampshire.
What We Do
We grow all kinds of chilli peppers, navigating the fast-changing UK seasons & weather conditions
We create various chilli products, including chilli powders, chilli flakes, chilli-based pastes and sauces.
We cook with our chillies, and are passionate about matching the right pepper with the right dish.
The current Birdhouse Chilli Crop in Numbers
Why You’ll Love Us
Chillies are amazing plants. There are so many different varieties, they are rewarding to grow and a terrific ingredient to cook with. Plus they have health benefits!
- Growing advice
- Seasonal content
- Detailed chilli information
- Amazing recipes
- Free advice for chilli lovers
Our latest articles:
- Morrocan Spiced LambLike a tagine, only cooked in whatever pot you have to hand. A whole shelf of wonderful store cupboard ingredients make this recipe deep, smokey, rich and utterly unctuous. As firey or sweet with chilli as you would like: just … Continue reading Morrocan Spiced Lamb
- Is it possible to overfeed chilli plants?Yes. End of post. If you’d like to know more about how then read on. It is true that supplementary plant food can support your plant being the very best it can be. However, it is also true that too … Continue reading Is it possible to overfeed chilli plants?
- https://birdhousechillies.files.wordpress.com/2020/05/where-to-grow-chillies-in-the-uk.jpg?w=300″ data-large-file=”https://birdhousechillies.files.wordpress.com/2020/05/where-to-grow-chillies-in-the-uk.jpg?w=1024″>The Pros and Cons of Where to Grow Chillies in the UKWe have tried it everywhere: chillies indoors… chillies outdoors… chillies in pots… in the ground… even a hanging basket. In the kids’ flower patch… on their bedroom windowsills… in a milk bottle… greenhouse… polytunnel… grow room. You name it, we’ve … Continue reading The Pros and Cons of Where to Grow Chillies in the UK